University of York - MSc Physics
Hi there, I'm Luke. I am an A Level tutor, specialising in Physics, Maths and Further Maths. I graduated with a Masters in Physics from the University of York, attaining a first with distinction and placing within the top three of my cohort.
My recent tutoring experience includes:
- Over 1100 hours of tutorials with private clients for A Level Physics, Maths and Further Maths.
- Over 100 hours of tutorials through the National Tutoring Programme.
- Mentoring students with ASC and ADHD through an autism specialist provider.
My previous tutoring experience includes:
- Mentoring students with autism on a 1:1 basis throughout their first year at university.
- Tutoring GCSE maths students through the 'York Students in Schools' programme on post-GCSE topics.
- Providing tuition and mentoring to year 12 students in their Oxford PAT preparation, having successfully passed it during my university applications.
Outside of tuition and mentoring, I have recently project managed the design and creation of PMT Education's new Further Maths resource section. I have a range of personal academic interests - mainly in photonics (using light to control and program devices), electromagnetic theory, general relativity and geometric algebra. Besides physics I have a keen interest in local history through volunteering at the local windmill.
I hope to instil an appreciation of fundamental mathematical/physical concepts to pave the way for understanding more advanced topics. I prefer to use a 'ground up' approach; by starting with the intuition of why an equation/concept is needed in the first place, the learner can see the whole picture right from the start without getting involved in the obscurity of the mathematics too early on.
I aim to assist in illuminating areas that the learner is struggling with, and challenge them on areas that they already understand. As a final note: I don't believe there is such a thing as a silly question - the only silly thing is when you don't ask something that you wish you had.
Luke G. has no reviews yet.