Effective Date: 28 July 2022
1. Who are we?
1.1. We are PMT Education Limited. Our company information is at the end of this document.
2. What this is all about
2.1. These are our terms and conditions which apply to our Service (explained below). They’re available in English only. We’ve tried to make them user-friendly but please note that the summaries/explanations for each section in capitals aren’t a substitute for the rest of the text. Please read the entire document carefully and contact us if anything is unclear. Please save a copy as we don’t file a copy specifically for the transaction with you.
3. Some definitions
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS WHAT CERTAIN WORDS MEAN WHEREVER THEY ARE USED WITH A CAPITAL LETTER IN THIS DOCUMENT
- “Content” – all information of whatever kind displayed on or sent through our Service.
- “Customer” – a User who uses our Service for the purpose of buying Tutor Services (described as a “bill-payer” on our Service).
- “Service” – the platform service we offer by means of our website and any related services.
- “Student” – a person who uses our Service to learn with a Tutor. This may be the Customer or it may be someone else for whom the Customer books, such as the Customer’s child.
- “Tutor” – a User who uses our Service for the purpose of supplying Tutor Services to Customers.
- “Tutor Services” – the services offered by Tutors on our Service.
- “Tutor Services Contract” – a contract to buy/sell Tutor Services.
- “User” – people or organisations using our Service (whether or not registered with us).
4. How you enter a legal contract with us
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS HOW AND WHEN YOU BECOME LEGALLY BOUND BY A CONTRACT WITH US
4.1. By applying to join, or registering on, our Service, you offer to enter a legal contract with us to use our platformService (which is different from the Tutor Services Contract between Tutor and Customer – see below). We accept your offer and there is a binding legal contract only when we send you an email confirming this.
4.2. We reserve the right in our discretion for any lawful reason to refuse any request to use our Service.
4.3. By browsing any part of our Service that does not require registration/payment, you are also bound by these terms to the extent they are relevant.
5. Changing these terms and conditions
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS HOW AND WHEN WE CAN CHANGE THESE TERMS AND WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU DISAGREE
5.1. We may change these terms and conditions by giving you at least 15 days’ notice unless a more urgent change is needed to comply with laws or regulations or to deal with an unforeseen and imminent danger.We will notify you by posting the new version on our website and, if the changes are important, by email.
5.2. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you should end this contract as explained below before the new terms take effect. Otherwise, the new terms will apply.
6. Your right to use our Service
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY MEAN YOU AREN’T ALLOWED TO USE OUR SERVICE
6.1. We grant you a limited personal non-transferable right to use our Service on any applicable device owned or controlled by you subject to these terms and conditions.
6.2. You must not use, or attempt to register, on our Service as a Customer if you are below 18 years of age. However, if you are a parent or guardian, you may allow your children under 18 to use our Service as a Student provided you carefully supervise the child’s use of the Service.
7. Behaviour when using our Service
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THE BEHAVIOUR AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS TO USE OUR SERVICE
7.1. You agree not to do any of the following in connection with our Service:
- break the law or infringe anyone else’s rights;
- send, store, display or link to unlawful, infringing or otherwise inappropriate Content;
- victimise or harass other people;
- use offensive, obscene, abusive, discriminatory or other inappropriate language or images;
- deceive or mislead anyone;
- send, store, display or link to any Content that includes someone else’s personal information unless that person is 18 years or over and you have obtained their written consent or you are otherwise legally permitted to do so;
- make recordings or screenshots of audio/video interactions without the written consent of all other participants;
- impersonate anyone;
- use our Service with a view to competing with us or infringing our rights;
- disrupt our Service, e.g., spam, viruses or phishing;
- interfere with or damage our Service or gain unauthorised access to any part of our system, data, passwords or otherwise;
- intercept or modify communications;
- impose an unreasonable load on our Service;
- get around any security features including those designed to stop copying of Content; or
- attempt, encourage or assist any of the above.
7.2. You agree to:
- break the law or infringe anyone else’s rights;
- send, store, display or link to unlawful, infringing or otherwise inappropriate Content;
7.3. You agree to ensure that any contact or other information that you supply to us is accurate and not misleading and you will tell us if there are any important changes.
8. Providing or receiving Tutor Services on our platform
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR PLATFORM CONTRACT WITH US AND YOUR SERVICES CONTRACT WITH OTHER USERS. IT ALSO SETS OUT SOME IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE SERVICES CONTRACT AS WELL AS OUR ROLE IN FACILITATING THAT CONTACT
Forming a Tutor Services Contract
8.1. Our Service is a neutral platform where self-employed Tutors can arrange to supply Tutor Services to Customers. We do not supply those services ourselves. Any Tutor Services Contract is between the respective Tutor and Customer and the terms are for the parties to agree providing that they are consistent with this agreement. We are not a party to the Tutor Services Contract itself. You acknowledge that any legal claim arising from breach of the Tutor Services Contract is against the other party to the Tutor Services Contract and not against us.
8.2. You also separately agree with us that you will comply with each Tutor Services Contract.
8.3. You agree that we are entitled at any time to end or suspend any Tutor Services Contract by giving notice by emailif we consider that either party has broken this platform contract or this platform contract ends or it is necessary to protect either party. If so and if applicable, we will refund to the Customer any pre-payment made for unused Supplier Services subject any deduction that we consider reasonably appropriate.
Forming a Tutor Services Contract
8.4. The Tutor agrees that in connection with supply of Tutor Services to the Customer:
- it has and will maintain the necessary abilities (including licenses, permissions, qualifications, skills, training, expertise);
- it will supply the Tutor Services with reasonable skill and care; and
- it will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including data protection) and will not infringe any third party rights.
8.5. You agree to deal with other Users in a polite and courteous manner and to respond promptly to communications from other Users.
8.6. You agree to cooperate reasonably with the Customer/Tutor and to supply information that they reasonably request.
8.7. You agree that any online sessions must be provided via our website.
8.8. You agree not to use our Service with a view to dealing with other Users outside our Service. Customers and Tutors who have contacted each other via our Service agree that, until 12 months after this contract ends, they will not contract directly with each other outside our Service.
Payment by Customers
8.9. The Customer must provide us card details in advance to enable payment of the fee for Tutor Services as shown on our Service, which includes any applicable VAT. You authorise us and our payment provider to place a hold on or charge your payment card for the relevant amounts when payments are due in accordance with this agreement. We are allowed to place a hold on your card for the cost of the session 48 hours (or any alternative period stated on our Service) before the session start time.
Customers’ legal right to cancel the Tutor Services Contract (“cooling off”)
8.10. If you are a Consumer, you may have the right to cancel the Tutor Services Contract as further explained in the Annex at the end of this document. The Tutor acknowledges that it is bound by and agrees to comply with these provisions.
8.11. You lose the right to cancel contracts for the supply of services which have been fully performed, i.e., completed.
Cancellation of bookings by the Customer
8.12. Separately from (and without affecting) any cooling off rights, the Customer can cancel a session at any time by giving notice via our Service. If so, there will be a full refund unless you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled start time in which case the Tutor is entitled at the Tutor’s option to charge you 100% or 50% of the fee for the session or waive it entirely (or to charge any alternative percentage stated on our Service when you cancel).
Cancellation of bookings by the Tutor
8.13. The Tutor is entitled to cancel a booking at any time by giving notice via the Service if there are exceptional reasons (and we are entitled to require proof). If the Tutor does cancel and if applicable, we will refund any Customer pre-payment to the Customer in full.
If the Customer doesn’t raise a dispute
8.14. VERY IMPORTANT. If the Customer doesn’t raise a dispute via our Service within the period stated on our Service following the scheduled start time of the session, we are entitled to release payment to the Tutor.
If the Customer raises a dispute
8.15. If a dispute is raised during the above dispute period, we will adjudicate on the dispute in our absolute discretion and our decision will be final. Our adjudication will relate only to allocation of Customer payments and not any wider aspect of the dispute. We are entitled to allocate a full refund to the Customer, to make full payment to the Tutor or to split the payment between the parties as we consider appropriate. Both parties agree to provide reasonable co-operation including supply of any documents that we reasonably request. We are entitled to view/listen to any session recordings. We are entitled to set or extend any deadlines we consider appropriate whether to allow the parties to try and resolve the dispute themselves, to require production of information, to make our decision or otherwise. We have no legal liability to either party in relation to our role as adjudicator.
Payment to Tutors
8.16. Provided you have complied with your contract with us, we will take reasonable steps to pay you by whatever payment method we use the amount of the payment received from the Customer less any deductions mentioned below. We will pay you within seven days following the end of the relevant dispute period (or any alternative period we decide) or, if applicable, following resolution of any dispute (if we decide to make a payment to you).
8.17. We are entitled to deduct (including applicable VAT) our fee from any payment to you. We may at any time change the amount of our fee. If so, we will give you notice by email. Any orders made after that notice will be subject to our new fees.
8.18. We are entitled in our discretion to refund to the Customer on your behalf all or part of the Customer payment insofar as the Customer makes a complaint or raises a dispute or cancels the order within any applicable cancellation period or if we otherwise consider it appropriate to make such a refund in our discretion (which may be based on any cancellation policy which applies at that time). You are liable to pay any appropriate refund direct to the Customer if the relevant Customer payment has already been paid to you.
8.19. We are entitled to deduct from any payment due to you the amount of any chargeback which has arisen or which we consider is likely to occur (irrespective of whether the chargeback relates to the payment currently due). You agree to pay to us immediately on demand the amount of any chargeback relating to a payment which we have paid to you.
8.20. You are responsible for making up any shortfall arising from charges made by your bank.
8.21. You are responsible for taking your own tax advice and for charging and accounting for any VAT or other taxes due on sales made to Customers. We are only responsible for accounting for any VAT on our fee that we charge to you.
Our recording of sessions
8.22. We are allowed to record sessions if we say so on our Service. If we do make a recording (and we don’t guarantee that we will), we own the intellectual property rights in it and will take reasonable steps to make it available to the Customer for private streamed use within our Service to assist learning or to assist with a dispute with a Tutor. The Customer agrees that it will not use the recording for any other purpose including (1) copying the recording (or any part of it) or (2) disclosing it to anyone else except for the above purposes or (3) publicly posting it. The Customer will lose access to the recording when this contract ends.
For Tutors only
8.23. You accept that use of our Service of itself may not necessarily enable compliance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the Tutor Services Contract and the Tutor Services.
8.24. You agree to immediately disclose to us any conviction or disciplinary finding or anything else which is likely to be relevant to our decision to accept or retain you on the Service and to tell us immediately of any relevant change to your circumstances, for example any changes to your licence to practice or professional insurance cover.
8.25. You accept that we do not guarantee that use of our Service will generate any particular level of revenues or suitable enquiries.
9. Your Content (e.g., reviews and profiles)
THIS SECTION CONTAINS CERTAIN PROMISES BY YOU REGARDING YOUR CONTENT AND GIVES US SOME RIGHTS INCLUDING TO REMOVE/DELETE/DISCLOSE THE CONTENT IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES
9.1. You are responsible for your Content.
9.2. You agree that you have (and will keep) all rights needed to enable us to use your Content as contemplated by the Service and these terms and conditions.
9.3. If you post a review, you promise that it is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
9.4. We are entitled (without telling you or giving you a refund) to reject, suspend, alter, remove or delete Content or to disclose to the police or other relevant authorities or to a complainant any Content or behaviour if it is the subject of complaint or where we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal offence may have been committed, or where required by law or where requested by the police or other appropriate authorities, or if we consider that Content does not meet our quality standards.
9.5. We are not legally responsible if your Content is misused by others. You must take reasonable care when deciding which Content to display on or send via our Service.
9.6. We may place advertisements near or within your Content. If so, we retain all revenue from such advertisements.
9.7. It is your responsibility to make your own frequent backups of Content if you want protection if it is lost or damaged. We are not responsible for such loss or damage.
9.8. We are entitled to delete your Content if your account has been inactive for at least twelve months or any alternative period we decide.
9.9. We are entitled without notice to edit the text or layout of your listing to ensure it complies with our terms and conditions and otherwise in accordance with how we think your presence should appear on our Service. Even if we edit your listing, you remain solely responsible for it, so please monitor it carefully.
9.10. We rank Tutor listings as explained in the FAQs on our Service.
10. Dealing with other Users
THIS SECTION INCLUDES IMPORTANT WARNINGS ABOUT YOUR DEALINGS WITH OTHER USERS AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU ENCOUNTER MISBEHAVIOUR
10.1. We may make some enquiries about Tutors, such as asking them to provide evidence of the highest level of qualification claimed and/or proof of ID and/or to provide DBS (i.e., conviction) checks. If so, we will place a tick next to the relevant item on the Tutor’s profile to indicate that it has been “verified”. However, whether or not an item is ticked, we cannot guarantee that the information which has been provided to us or included in a profile is or remains accurate. You rely on such information at your own risk.
10.2. You contract and deal with Tutors at your own risk. You are responsible for your selection. You agree that, before you book or as early as possible thereafter, you will ask them to verify their background and any claims which are relevant to your selection (even if marked by us as verified). Alternatively, please contact us so that we can help you obtain further information.
10.3. If you are a Tutor, you are responsible for deciding whether it is appropriate for you to provide your services to any particular Customer and to take out your own insurance to protect yourself, if appropriate.
10.4. We cannot control what actually happens during sessions which are at your own risk and are not our responsibility. You agree to take reasonable steps to protect your safety and security and/or that of the person for whom you bookand to follow any guidelines on our Service. If you are booking an in-person session for a child under 18, we recommend that you consider whether in all the circumstances (including the age of the child) you should ensure that the child is accompanied by someone over 18 during the session.
10.5. If you encounter any inappropriate Content or behaviour in connection with our Service or if you have any other concerns for your safety, you agree to immediately (1) leave any session/meeting and stop communicating with the other person and (2) tell us. Please also use any available blocking mechanisms and seek relevant external help if appropriate (e.g., from law enforcement authorities).
10.6. If you encounter any inappropriate Content or behaviour in connection with our Service or if you have any other concerns for your safety, you agree to immediately (1) leave any session/meeting and stop communicating with the other person and (2) tell us. Please also use any available blocking mechanisms and seek relevant external help if appropriate (e.g., from law enforcement authorities).
10.7. If you are a Tutor, you acknowledge that we permit Users to post public reviews about you and/or your services. We are not responsible for monitoring or editing reviews. You acknowledge that such reviews may be critical or defamatory of you.
11. Other peoples’ services / advertising / websites
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THAT WE AREN’T RESPONSIBLE FOR ADVERTISING ETC BY OTHER PEOPLE ON OUR SITE
11.1. We may display other peoples’ services, advertising and/or links to other websites. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, any of these. You use them at your own risk.
12. Our guidance
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THAT YOU RELY ON ANY GUIDANCE BY US AT YOUR OWN RISK
12.1. If we ourselves provide any guidance or other similar information on or via our Service, we do not guarantee that it is accurate or up to date and we do not accept legal responsibility for it. Before acting on such information, you must make your own appropriate and careful enquiries including as to its accuracy and suitability for your purposes. You rely on such information at your own risk.
13. If you create an account on our Service
THIS SECTION TELLS YOU ABOUT OBLIGATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY WHEN YOU SET UP AN ACCOUNT INCLUDING YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR AUTHORISED USERS (STUDENTS) OR OTHERS WHO USE YOUR ACCOUNT
13.1. Your account is non-transferable. You agree not to allow any other person to use your account except, if you are a Customer, to grant access to Students and enable them to open their own sub-accounts in accordance with the functionality of our Service. You agree to take reasonable care to keep your login information confidential and to tell us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss or misuse of a password. You are responsible for Students and for people who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS IF WE OFFER SUPPORT AND, IF SO, ANY RESTRICTIONS THAT APPLY
14.1. The Service includes support only if we specifically say so within the Service and, if so, by the specified contact methods. Any support service is only intended to address configuration and proper use of, or any errors or interruptions arising from, our Service.
14.2. Unless otherwise stated, we do not guarantee any particular response times or outcomes. Any response times given are English business hours/days unless we say otherwise.
14.3. In any event, we aren’t obliged to supply support if you owe us any money or have otherwise broken this contract.
15. Ending or suspending this contract
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS WHEN AND HOW YOU OR WE CAN END (OR SUSPEND) THE CONTRACT AND, IF SO, WHAT HAPPENS
15.1. You are entitled to end this (platform) contract at any time by emailing us through our contact page. (This doesn’t entitle you to any refund.)
15.2. We are entitled to end this contract or suspend part or all of our Service or impose restrictions on our Service if:
- you break this contract;
- you repeatedly cancel bookings for Tutor Services;
- you are subject to more than one negative review;
- any fees payable by you are unpaid or unjustifiably charged back;
- acting reasonably, we think that it is necessary to protect you, us or others;
- we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or to comply with an order, instruction or request from a competent authority; or
- you or anyone on your behalf acts inappropriately towards our staff.
15.3. If you are a Tutor and we end the contract, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice unless we have a legal or regulatory obligation, or a legal right, to end it earlier, or you have repeatedly broken this contract.
15.4. We are entitled at any time to end this contract if we terminate our Service as a whole if in our reasonable opinion it is necessary to do so for security, technical or operational reasons.
15.5. If this contract ends:
- It still continues insofar as necessary to facilitate any pending Tutor Services Contracts you entered into before termination unless we have ended this contract, in which case all of your pending Tutor Services Contracts will automatically end and we will refund the applicable payment to the Customer (if paid in advance) subject to any deduction which we consider reasonably appropriate.
- Subject to the above, your right to use our Service and all licences are terminated.
- We are allowed to delete your Content without telling you.
- Existing rights and liabilities are unaffected.
- All clauses in this contract which are stated or intended to continue after termination will continue to apply.
16. If our Service doesn’t work properly
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THAT WE DON’T PROMISE THAT OUR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED
16.1. We do not guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. We are entitled, without notice and without liability to suspend the Service for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
16.2. You acknowledge that technology is not always secure and you accept the risks inherent in use of the Internet or other technology for the purpose of the Service.
17. Restrictions on our legal responsibility – very important
THIS SECTION LIMITS OUR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY IN VARIOUS WAYS AND MAKES YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR CERTAIN LOSSES WE SUFFER, EG IF YOU BREAK THE CONTRACT
17.1. Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. In this section, any reference to us includes our employees and agents, who have the right to enforce this agreement.
17.2. If you are a Consumer, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by us;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract);
- (and to the extent that) such loss or damage is your fault, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- such loss or damage relates to a business of yours.
17.3. If you are a Consumer, you will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer (including claims made by other people) resulting from your breach of this agreement or misuse of our Service.
17.4. The following clauses apply only if you are not a Consumer:
- Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) for any act or omissions or series of connected acts or omissions is limited to the total fees paid or payable by you to us in connection with our Service in the 12 months before the first act or omission complained of.
- In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any of the following (even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such losses): economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or loss of goodwill or reputation; or special, indirect or consequential losses; or damage to or loss of data.
- You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your use of the Service and/or breach of this agreement.
- To the extent allowed by law, you and we exclude all terms, whether imposed by statute or by law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us with respect to its subject matter and supercedes any previous communications or agreements between us. We both acknowledge that there have been no misrepresentations and that neither of us has relied on any pre-contractual statements. Liability for misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation) relating to the terms of this agreement is excluded.
18. Intellectual property rights (IP)
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THAT YOU AND WE REMAIN OWNERS OF COPYRIGHT AND OTHER IP RIGHTS IN OUR RESPECTIVE CONTENT AND HOW WE ALLOW EACH OTHER TO USE THE CONTENT
18.1. If you supply Content for display on our Service, you retain ownership of the intellectual property rights. You allow us, at no cost and for so long as this contract lasts to use and adapt all or part of such material however we wish on our Service. You waive your “moral rights” in relation to such Content to the extent legally allowed. You also allow each User to use your Content in accordance with these terms and conditions. You give us the right to take any legal action we think necessary if there is an infringement of the intellectual property rights in your Content.
18.2. The intellectual property rights in all Content (excluding your Content) used on or in connection with our Service are owned by us or by our partners or other Users. You may view such material on your device for your personal, private and non-commercial / internal business use only. You must not otherwise use such material including copying, publishing, selling or adapting it or taking extracts from it unless we specifically say so in writing (except to the extent specifically allowed by this agreement). You must not misrepresent the ownership or source of such material, for example by changing or removing any legal notices or author attributions.
18.3. Just to be clear – you must not collect, scrape, harvest, frame or deep-link to any Content on our Service without our specific prior written consent.
19. Your personal information
20. Things we can’t control
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS THAT WE AREN’T RESPONSIBLE FOR “ACTS OF GOD”
20.1. We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures and epidemics/pandemics.
21. Transferring this contract to someone else
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS HOW WE CAN PASS THIS CONTRACT TO SOMEONE ELSE BUT YOU NEED OUR PERMISSION TO DO LIKEWISE
21.1. We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under this agreement provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under this agreement are not prejudiced. As this agreement is personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent.
22. English law and courts
THIS SECTION EXPLAINS WHICH COUNTRY’S LAW APPLIES AND WHERE YOU/WE HAVE TO GO TO COURT IF THERE IS A DISPUTE
22.1. This contract is under English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
THIS SECTION CONTAINS SOME FINAL GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THIS CONTRACT WORKS
23.1. We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have given us (per your profile if you are a Tutor). You can send notices to us through our contact page. Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, the rest of the agreement will still apply. If either of us overlooks any breach of this agreement by the other, it can still be actioned later. A person who is not a party to this agreement can’t enforce it unless the agreement says otherwise. The parties are independent contractors and, except as otherwise specifically stated above, nothing in this agreement make any party as agent, employee or representative of the other.
24.1. If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown below.
25. Information about us
25.1. Company name: PMT Education Limited
25.2. Trading name: “PMT Education”
25.3. Country of incorporation: England and Wales
25.4. Registered number: 12207743
25.5. Registered office and contact address: 125 Kingsway, Holborn, London, WC2B 6NH, England
25.6. Other contact information: See our contact page
CUSTOMER LEGAL RIGHT TO CANCEL THE TUTOR CONTRACT (“COOLING OFF”)
The following applies if you have the legal right to cancel the Tutor Contract (as explained above).
Right to cancel
1. You have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
2. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day when the Tutor entered a legal contract with you.
3. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform PMT Education Limited, 125 Kingsway, Holborn, London, WC2B 6NH, England on behalf of the Tutor of your decision to cancel the contract by a clear statement (e.g., a letter sent by post or e-mail).
4. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
5. If you cancel the contract, the Tutor will reimburse to you all payments received from you.
6. The reimbursement will be made without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the contract.
7. The reimbursement will be made using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
8. If you requested the Tutor to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay the Tutor an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation of this contract in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.