University of Sussex - BSc Physics
I specialise in making science accessible and engaging by creating high-quality, bespoke lessons to help students achieve outstanding results. I am passionate and enthusiastic about teaching and am able to connect with and motivate young people.
🎓BSc Physics, PGCE
📚 Qualified Teacher
📈 Exam technique specialist
💛 Experience supporting students with SEMH needs
👩🏻🏫 5+ years science teaching experience in Outstanding Schools
✔️ 10+ years science tutoring experience
🔒 Enhanced DBS
I embed the latest pedagogical research findings into lessons to ensure students are able to make the most progress possible. This includes:
- Exam Technique - I provide tips' to ensure the students are making the most efficient use of the exam time and knowledge.
- Contextualised Learning - when introducing a topic, I ensure students know why they’re learning it.
- Gamification - students are able to effectively absorb the information and commit it to their long-term memory, because the knowledge itself is linked to the favourable experience.
- Corrective Feedback - the feedback given redirects or refocuses the learner’s actions to achieve a goal, by aligning effort and activity with an outcome.
- Spaced Retrieval - I test students on their knowledge throughout their lessons. Even if they remember it the first time around, I’ll test them again over time to make sure it’s in there for the long term.
Afiya R. has no reviews yet.